Monday, March 7, 2011

Tipping Point

     Every parent has a tipping point: the head roll, arm on the hip, "WHAT!?!", the hand, eye roll, the loud sigh. Mine? I can't stand a sassy mouth and TJ's is the sassiest.
     For example: one day we were at the kitchen counter going back and forth - her sass, my response, her sass, my response, her sass, my response - when finally I said, "TJ. Go to your room and take your sassy mouth with you!" To which she responded, "Well, I can't very well leave it here now can I, Mom." As far as I was concerned, she couldn't high-tail it up those upstairs fast enough.
    Again this morning, she woke up with sass just dripping from her tongue. I got that little girl ready for school in record time and sent her to the bus stop 10 minutes early. . . not early enough. Anna wasn't happy."MA! I don't want her! and it's not time to go yet!" I pushed them both out the door, Anna a good bit in front of TJ and TJ's mouth just running.
     All this leaves me wondering: what in the world am I going to do this summer?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment